I was very flattered to learn that Cheryl at Gardenhood has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Like most people, I like to get compliments and I like to get recognition. Of course, I understand that this is one of those awards given for the purpose of increasing awareness and readership of garden blogs in general – as well as to recognize the efforts of garden bloggers. I must also say that if this blog is lovely, it’s because of the photographs taken by my spouse Judy.
Speaking of lovely, Gardenhood is definitely worth checking out. Both the writing and photography are excellent.
Accepting the nomination involves nominating another 10 blogs in turn (and notifying the bloggers), then listing seven random facts about myself. So here goes (once you get going, limiting yourself to 10 blogs gets kind of hard).
Some of my favorite blogs I’d like to nominate:
- A Corner Garden
- Black Walnut Dispatch
- Jean’s Garden
- Just a Girl With a Hammer
- Promenade Plantings
- Rhone Street Gardens
- Sunil’s Garden
- Talking to Plants
- The Blonde Gardener
- Woodchuck Acres
These are all very enjoyable reads. Finally, seven random facts about myself.
- I have visited every state in the Union except for Alaska, Hawaii, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Texas, and Oregon.
- I have visited the following countries: Mexico, Canada, Russia, Israel, Turkey, France.
- Worst three jobs I ever had: working at a car wash, working in a “rat farm” raising rats for laboratories, working in a cheese rennet factory (google it if you have to know).
- Spent the last two years of high school at a vocational center learning carpentry. Learned that there was no way I could support myself as a carpenter.
- Have two sons ages 25 and 22, both much smarter than me.
- Have been married for 27 years.
- Once stole a car completely by accident. No charges were filed.